Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyTech, Feb 8, 2002.

1. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Registered Member

15\" wheels

I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me if you can still run 15" wheels with a 14 bolt rear axle conversion?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyTech on 02/08/02 06:58 PM.</FONT></P>

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" wheels

yes if you run a disc conversion and 1.5 spacers like I do. Not sure on a drum, but I don't think so unless you get some spacers or special backspacing on rims. The 1.5 spacers make the rear track width same as front, but not sure if that would be enough to clear the drums. Shedding the drums saves a heck of a lot of weight too.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Are you talking about after a disk conversion? If yes, you have to grind the calipers a little depending on the back space of the wheel. If drums, no worries as long as the wheels are steel. I'm running the big 1 ton rear drums with 15x8s and 4" back spacing with room to spare. As for aluminum wheels, it depends...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked, 4" lift, 42" tires
    Some day: massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My 15x10 4 1/8" backspace wheels fit over the stock 1 ton drums and my rear disks with no problems. The only clearance issue is the front, you need to grind the calipers.