Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$150.00 for the pump, lines and injectors- Too much?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Pookster, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

would that be a good price for a working pump, line, and injectors? I dont see a lift pump listed however. It still seems like a steal, expecially for a spare or something.

Here was the original ad:
    6.2 Diesel Fuel Pump, Lines & Injectors. All components are matching and functioned fine prior to disassembly. The Stanadyne pump serial number is: 5907298, mfg. number 23500346, model number DB2, rated r.p.m. 4544

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

A rebuilt pump costs, what $300-350? I'd ask how many miles were on that pump before it was pulled and try to get a better feel for how much life may be left.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Whats the expected life of the pump?

Whats the life of the injectors? I've seen people say for either from 100k ->250k.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got my pump and injectors rebuilt for $347 which included shipping costs. Factor that into the relative value and decide for yourself I guess. Unless I personally saw the engine run or could have driven the truck I would not count on those parts to be as good as advertised. The seller can claim anything...

The first part of the ad mentions the lift pump but the seller is calling it a "diesel fuel pump".

Rene