Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1500 gmc tranny sucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcman7202, Nov 27, 2005.

1. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

so who agrees that a 2002 gmc tranny totally blows? I know the 4l60e sucks so why the hell do they put it in a pickup? i had the tranny rebuilt at 35k under gm money, also had the t case and front diff rebuilt also, now 10 k later the tranny litteraly blew up. cracked the case, gear out the side, just driving down the road with no load. I pull a flatbed trailer now and then, but nothing over the gvwr, maybe a few times over, but nothing the truck should not of taken, and i dont drive stupid with a trailer.
    i have been told by the dealer mechanic that the final drive gear totally rounded off, not exactly sure if i remembered that right. does anyone have any surgestions on what i should do to prevent this tranny crap from happing again if they stick another 4l60e in there? if they refuse to pay, i will prob stick a 4l80e in there if its possible, i would really want to go manual though. i know i didnt really ask a question, but any ideas would help, and i just wanted anyones experieces and resolutions.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Do you tow in OD?

Rene

3. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

no and i use that button they have on the shifter