Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15X10 35" or 36" stock axle measurment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Phaeton, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Phaeton

Phaeton Registered Member

15X10 35\" or 36\" stock axle measurment

Help I need to know what the outside measurement is on a blazer with 15X10 3 5/8" backspacing with 35" or 36" tires stock dana 44. I am building a trailer and was planning on making the deck 82" until I measured my Tahoe much wider. Thanks for taking the time and measuring guy's.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: 15X10 35\" or 36\" stock axle measurment

Well I just put some 36x12.5" Super Swamper TSL's on 15x10's on my 81 Jimmy, so I was kind of curious myself. I got 85" total width, this is on a 3/4 ton Dana 44, rims are 3 5/8 backspacing near as I can tell. Damn thats wide! [​IMG]
    HTH

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Phaeton

Thank you thank you thank you! Damnit.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Not to try to tell you what to do man, but I've built a few trailers and the solution is easy. Dont buy the cheapo fenders, build your own out of 10ga and drive over them. Yeah your rig's tires will hang overboard 1" each side, big deal. And if it really concerns you, weld in extender pieces that go from the main deck to the width of the fenders both fore and aft of the fenders. That way you get the best of both worlds. A full width trailer, and low trailer height without putting the deck over your tires. We have one set up each way and they both work very well!

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was thinking the same thing while I was measuring, just build beefy fenders and drive over em. Its not a low rider your trailering.[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

6. Phaeton

Here's the deal I was putting railing on when I got to thinking about the width. Good thing only one side is welded. Yes I will just change the railing so that I can drive over the fenders. It just sucks that I have to grind off all those welds. Thanks guy's