Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15x10 inch wheels -will they fit?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hailey, May 5, 2003.

1. hailey

hailey Registered Member

ok. i'm finally done with college and i'm trying to work on the blazer (72). last week i put wax on it - first time in over 18 years. it was a bitch.

i'm trying to get all of my questions answered before i dump a lot of money into it and find out that it doesn't work like i did on my 89 silverado (ifs - ouch), so just bear with me...

i know 33x12.50s will fit with out a lift, but i am going to put 2 inch springs on it. i'll probably put blocks in the rear till i get more cash, then go with springs. i'm thinking about going with the tuff country springs.

will i have any problems going with a 15x10 inch wheel? also, where is the cheapest place to get the springs? thanks

hailey

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings -- nothing like waxing off years of weather - been there done that -- I'm running 33X12.50's with no lift -- but on aftermarket 8" rims. From what I understand with 10" rims the tires will sit out to far and come in contact with the lower front corner of the wheel opening when turning. There is just a 3/4" or so gap with the 33's on 8's

good luck

3. hailey

hailey Registered Member

thats what i wasn't sure of. i knew it wouldn't work with 33s and no lift, but i'm not sure about it with a 2 inch lift.

hailey

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I am running 15x10 with 33's that are mine on the street and light wheeling. I havent had the chance to fully flex them yet so I cant tell you how it'll be. BTW this is with no lift.

5. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Roostr84 -- do you have any pics -- I'd like to have the wider track look of 10" -- but was under the impression it was a no fit situation.....

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I have 2" lift with 33s on 15x10 rims. Should work fine. Bought my Tuff Country springs from ORD.

7. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

No unfortunatley I don't since I swapped the rims b/c i started removing the body soon afterward. I can however get you the measurements of the track width also find out the backspacing etc if you want. The tires in front came to the edge of the fender lip. I was going to put cutouts I had bought on but then realized that I didnt need them.