Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

16/35-15 Boggers........any comments?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 30, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have finally made up my mind. This is the final decision. I'm going to go with 16/35-15 Boggers. I don't want to mess with the price of the 39.5's and honestly, when it all comes down to it, I won't be able to go anywhere with that size tire. There are a few places around here that are tight enough that a 40" tire couldn't do any good. I liked the 35" SX's on my Jimmy and I want Boggers. Any comments on these tires? Just want to see what guys have to say about them. Thanks

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What kind of wheeling do you do to need that wide of a tire? I'm looking at the 12.5-36R15. Radial for driving to work, 36" for ground clearance, and 12.5 because I've had good luck with tires of this width - great traction in the mud.
    -- Mike

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

No negative waves here, I think it is a sweet tire even though I haven't used them..

Since I haven't used them i cant give you a first hand experience, but from what I am told is that they sometimes wont grab well on side hilling and will slide.

I have heard mixed emotions on this issue, some good some bad. When it comes down to it, I think it is all just personal preference and how you work the throttle.
    I could be wrong though. :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I love mine. Exact same size and width. I have run 38x12.50 tsls, 36x14.5 radial tsls, and my 35x16 boggers and I pick the boggers over all of them. I run in nothing but mud 75% of the time and I havent been stuck (knock on wood) since I bought them. The other 25% is split into 10% sand driving down in Nags Head North Carolina and about 15% mild rockcrawling/trail driving. I wouldnt pick any other tire. I have never had a problem with them. Plus no other tire sounds like a Bogger when you're doing 65 down the highway. Gotta love that sweet song...

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with the song the Boggers make. Well, that's basically what I wanted to hear. Cool, I'll look forward to buying Boggers.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I would recommend the new Bogger size of 37x13. I just installed a set on my K5 and talk about attitude. It is a whole different animal. If you like everybody and their dog looking at your truck when you drive by, you should get Boggers! Mine behave as good on the highway as my radials. I did notice some roughness when I hit bumps, but thats because the tires weigh probably 95# each! Boggers are for the serious off-roader who is looking for the most aggressive tire out there. Plus their compound is super sticky. But you give up a few things when you install a competition tire: Tire wear Mileage and GAS Mileage. I can literally see my K5s fuel guage move toward E very fast now. But that could be due to the fact that my K5 is still not re-geared. I also saw a post about 4.88s. Well, I have a brand new set of 4.88s for my rig. I would assume, when I re-gear, it will help my mileage. Now, on the tire wear mileage, think of it this way - you wouldnt expect a pair of M&H Racemasters to last 40,000 miles nor would you expect them to behave like a radial street tire. They are DOT approved so they can keep the market broad and the price down. I really like my Boggers and I cant take my eyes off my K5 anymore. In fact, here are some pictures for you. Save your cash and go with the 37s. They should be out soon and you can expect a price of around $229 a tire. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1393671&a=11227888>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1393671&a=11227888</A>

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer,

Are those 10" or 12" wheels you are running? I have some 12s on my truck now and I dont want to get rid of them. How far do they stick out past your fenders? I had some 12.50 swampers that basically tucked in my fenders. I love wide boggers.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My rims are 15x10. Not sure how far they stick out of the fenders, Ill check for you sometime. I like the 37"x13" boggers because they are not overly wide and still look good.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>