Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

16.5 factory stock DEEP steel wheels.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZK5, Apr 25, 2002.

1. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

I seen a set of factory 16.5" deep dished steel wheels the other day. They were NOT custom wheels from Stockton Wheel either. The guy told me they came off of an early Suburban or something. Didn't know the exact year and model. Guessing 1970's. Has Anyone ever seen or heard of a DEEP factory steel 16.5" 8 lug wheel. They looked great all painted black with trim rings and all . looked kinda like the GM 6 lug rally's. I'd like to find some of them. The guy wouldn't sell them to me

2. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How deep are we talking about? I have 16.5x9.75 stock steel wheels. They have 4.75 inches of rear backspacing, which means about 5 inches of dish in the front. Is that what you are talking about, or were they deeper?

Mike.

3. i've seen some Furds with these but not a chevy. can't you use Furd 8 lugs on a chev though?

4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I also have some stock furd wheels and they have 5.5 inces of rear backspacing, which would make the front dish 4.25 inches. And I have used them on my burb without any problems. I would have the chevy (4.75 bs) on the rear axle, and the furd (5.5 bs) on the front axle. This would help evan up the front and rear stance. The only real difference between furds and chevys, is the hole for the hub is larger on the furd. It would be interesting to know if there is wider offset stock wheel available. Does anyone have any stock steel wheels with less then 4.5 inches of rear offset?

Mike.

5. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

I didn't measure them, And I will probly never get a chance to see that dude's truck again. But I tell ya, at first glance I thought they were the regular 6 lug truck rallys untill i saw that they were 8 lug.They looked like they were the regular 9.75 " wide but they center of the rim was offset deeper. They looked real nice withe the trim rings on em and the chrome lugs etc. He had some 37 x 12.5's on it