Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

16.5 wheel bead retetion ideas..............

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FULLSIZE, Nov 24, 2002.

1. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

i bought some 39.5 boggers so i'm goin with 16.5 wheels. i'd like to use hummer wheels, but there to skinny and i'm to cheap to have the offset fixed and have them widened($400 just for the wheels). i was thinking about buying enough beadlock kits to do the inside and outside. the bart kits are about $50 a kit so it'd be about $400. has anyone done this? any regrets? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Not sure if you would be able to get the beadlocks over the brakes on the inside. Seems like it would be a real PITA to me. $600 for a set of custom hummer wheels was worth it to me. I know that they'll work and not leak and I didn't have to do any funky stuff to the brakes. </font color>

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Check out this guys website @ www.hammerdownoffroad.com he runs 39.5x18/16.5 Boggers on modified hummer rims with the standard width with no prolbems. They look totaly /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif on his M37.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Talk to Scott @ Rockstomper. He sells weld on beadlock kits for cheap, and he is one of the nicest guys I have met.
    www.rockstomper.com

5. FULLSIZE

where'd you get custom hummer wheels for $600 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. FULLSIZE

i just sent a message to scott to see if the ring kit will clear my front 60 calipers. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

USA6x6 has them for 165 each with all the options including custom centers. But Shaggy and I along with some others got a group deal together for 150 each, so 150 x 4 = 600. That price includes shipping /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Lock the outside and if the inside lock won't fit, leave it alone. I don't see much problem losing the inside bead.