Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

16" travel ?'s!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by magnum4x4, Oct 7, 2004.

1. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

16\" travel ?\'s!!!!

I am putting 52" springs int he front of my K5. I have installed ford shock towers. Does anyone know of a decent inexpensive shock that will handle this kind of travel. I also need help with brake hoses. Should I get some made up or is there an aftermarket hose i can use? If I get some made what fitting will I need? I have a 8 lug 10 bolt up front right now and will be switching to a 60 very soon.

Also in the rear, I have stock springs with a 4" shackle flip. What size shock should I go with. I will be mounting them to the top of my 14 bolt and making a crossmember inside the framerail to mount the top to. Thanks for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Re: 16\" travel ?\'s!!!!

For the front I have the ford shock towers with the 15" travel pro comp es9000's they are a very nice shock and they are like $35 a piece from summit racing, another plus is that summit has free shipping.
    For the rear shocks I would recommend that you DONT mount them on top of the axle and either on the fron or back, that way they will help some with axle wrap plus you can run a little bit longer shock, as for the length you reall just need to do some flex tests to see how long of a shock you wil need, it all depends of flex, height at which you will mount the crossmember for the shocks, and angle that you want to run the shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Do you have a part # for those pro comps?

4. 85mudblazin

EXP-ES936000 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

Does anyone have any pics of their rear shock mounts?

6. 85mudblazin

check out the extended shock mounts in the techinal section and at the nottom there are pics of rear shock mounts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status