Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

17" rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freakdave, May 12, 2005.

1. freakdave

freakdave Registered Member

Looking at a set of 17" Centerline Convo with 265/70R17 for my stock lift K5. How would these 17" rims look compared to say 32" tires with 15" rims.

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

"Stock lift"?

I have switched from 265/75R16's to 265/70R17's (i got a deal on teh wheels/tires), and they don't look bad. The larger rim looks good on a DD, but the tires are still small and will look smaller due to teh smaller sidewall height.

IN terms of rim selection, i think the Convo style is better off left at 16 or even 15" size. Of course its personal preference, but there are a LOT of other wheels i like better if you are going to go with a 17" size.

3. freakdave

freakdave Registered Member

what backspacing are you looking at 4 1/2, 3 3/4" ????

4. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Um, i forget. The first set of 17's i ran were stock 2002 Avalance 17x7.5 rims. I can't remember teh backspacing. THe ones i have now are 17x8, with very close to stock backspacing. Remember i have a 94 IFS truck though, not sure if yours is an older one.

If i remember correctly though, stock backspacing is like 4 7/8" or somethign in that ballpark......normally greater than most aftermarket rims.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

go look at a dodge or ford diesel from the past couple years. same tires. they dont look bad, lil narrow and a lil shorter.
    Grant