Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

17" Wheels and MTR ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, May 7, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

17\" Wheels and MTR ???

Does anybody know where I can find STEEL 17" rims. I have been serching the web and so far nothing. I'm tring to figure out how much it's going to cost me to step up to 37" MTR's on Donna's K5. The tires are about $30 more each for the 17" wheel compared to a 15" but the 17" will allow more backspacing without grinding the calipers. Also looking for the best price on MTR's. Tirerack has good prices and I checked locally and it will run $190 each mounted and balanced for the 37x12.5x15's but I think that price is a little high.

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: 17\" Wheels and MTR ???

Wayne,

I was wondering the same thing! I don't want to spend big money for aluminum wheels that are going to get rockrash!

Mike

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Stop being lazy and call Rockstomper about the wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifAlso, check out Walmart for the tires, they might have them, if not, than tirerack or discounttire are yor best bet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW - 4wheelparts will beat any price you find, plus free freight. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

i got 17" 8 lug 8 on 6 1/2 black powdercoated steel rims from high impact www.high-impact.net They are the allied racing rims with little round holes all the way around. Like the eagle 589's. I am also running the 37" x 17" goodyear mtr hummer tires (load range E). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Wish i had a pic to show you. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I dont believe they list them on their website. But you can look at a pic to get an idea.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With 17" rims you shouldn't have any grinding issues with the calipers. Also $190 is a pretty good price on 37's from what I have seen. Most places have quoted me between $200-220 for them. As for 17" rims, I don't know. Someone did mention that whoever makes the rockcrawler rims will make them in any size though so you might look there.

6. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

High Impact will make them any way you want. Pirate 4x4.com did an article on the same rims i'm talking about. Check it out

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Were they beadlocks? What was the price on them? Thanks.