Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

17" Wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud390, Apr 8, 2004.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

17\" Wheels

I have been looking at 8 lug wheels for when I do my 1 ton swap, as well as the tires that I'm going to mount on those wheels. Imagine that! Anywho. It seems that tires that fit16" and 16.5" rims are extremely more spendy that 15", but I don't want to go through the hassle of all that grinding on my D60. After many moons of researching, I found out that tire manufacturers are making more tires that fit 17" rims now-a-days. I was eyeing either SSR's or IROKs somewhere around 35-37". And now for the questions: Who makes a good STEEL 17" wheel? I've found one place that carries a 17" Rock Crawler, which is what I wanted originally, but I'm open to ideas. Would you run a 17" wheel? Why or why not? I know its a lot of bling, but it does have a safety bead. I know, I know, so does the 16" wheel, but its all about the money here. Tires seem to be cheaper for the 17's. Enough of my rambling. Whatcha think?

Kris

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: 17\" Wheels

I love my 17's. Rockstomper made mine. Next set will be beadlocks.