Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$175 14bff?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by texrbl, Jul 21, 2003.

1. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

went searchin for a 14bff today found one from a 1996 4:10 and maybe posi for $550 alittle high for my needs and budget. also found one on a 1980's sub for $175 but i dont know the gears or anything else so does this sound like a good price to yall if i plan on swappin gears and seals ext...

and give me a list of things to check and or replace befor i swap /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

finally gettin rid of that 10 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

1996 uses different pirches. if you dont mind a little fabricating, you should be ok. Keep in mind also, that the disc brake conversions brackets are all made for the pre 1985' I think. You might be better off with the 1980 one if the pirches are in the right spot.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

How many forums are you going to post this in? Next time pick one and stick w/ it.

4. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

only 2 and sorry i couldnt decide which would be better. didnt know there were any rules about that and u had to look at the same title twice. just lookin for fast help