Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gotmud?, Jun 1, 2006.

1. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I will say I feel seat belt laws are stupid...and a violation of our rights. By not wearing your seat belt your not putting other people at risk (greatly anyways) Another way to collect revenue and another reason to pull you over... That being said, i wear my seatbelt everytime i get in the car. Why? not because im told to...Because my face doesnt need to meet the windshield:crazy:

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

in IN, you have to wear a seatbelt in a car (but not a truck), but you can ride your motorcycle without a helmet. :screwy:

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Seatbelts are awesome. They are supercools.

They hold you in when you take fast turns too.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It is a bullsh!t law.

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

In ct you have to wear a seatbelt, driver passanger, front seat, back car or truck...But no helmet either..:rolleyes:

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Why would you wanna wear a helmet in a truck?:haha:

8. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Seat belts laws came into existance not because people care if you die or not, we really don't. However when you wreck and don't die and get on state or fed assistance then we care and most accidents end up costing someone other then you more then you, thats why. Same reason for mandatory insurance.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Complaining about the law is one thing. But to whine about it because you got a ticket because you are too lazy to fix the thing is another....................

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I wouldnt be so willing to say thats why so much as its pushed by insurance companys...Same thing goes with building codes...Insurance companys push for better codes (especially windows) so they dont have to pay out as much...

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Then write letters to people that can change it instead of not wearing it....till the law changes, you'll just keep getting tickets.

I'm habitual in my use, I can't change parking spots without putting it on...without even thinking about it, too. It's second nature for me.

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I'm just wondering how many tickets you are willing to recieve until you do do something about it?

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

last time i did that, i wrecked the sh!t out of my truck...:doah:

IMAG0198.JPG

IMAG0199.JPG

IMAG0201.JPG

14. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

seat belts ARE awesome...

idiots that dont use them are just that

having a rig with so much rust that the pillar wont hold them... well,,, enough said

get the welder out.. patch plate.. save your life.. reduce the insurance the rest of us pay

try tossing an egg at the dash at just 10 mph and see what happens

theres NO arguement for not wearing them,, irregardless of what the man says

Studies show seat belts are NOT worn , most often, by males 18-25 in rural areas.. sounds like redneck cowboy macho iggnorance

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I am old school but I usually wear my belt............ Never know when you might get the bug to put the needle over over 140. Just for a little fun.:D

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I didn't like wearing a seat belt when the law first came out. Now I don't even think about it, I automaticly "click it" before I start the vehicle. It's not a big deal. One you're in the habbit, you'll just click it without thinking about it.

17. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I feel naked without my seatbelt on. It goes on no matter if I am moving my truck from my shop to the house, or if I am going on a 1000 mile trip.

Well worth the two seconds to put it on. I don't even feel it on!

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

With the cage in my truck you'd have to be suicidal not to wear the seat belts...so much tube to beat yourself senseless with. :D They intro'd the seat belt laws here a year or so after I started driving (early 80's) and lot's of people were ticked with the law. Being a pretty new driver I got into the habit easily enough though.

It helps that I've had seat belts save me from serious injury three times now. Two of which could have been severely bad. I may not like being told what to do, but when it's just a common sense thing to do anyways I don't see what the problem is. It's as bad as complaining that someone told you to breathe in and out. The alternative isn't very attractive.

Rene

19. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

My Rampside (Corvair pickup) doesn't have seatbelts and I used to feel weird driving without them.

Oh and do whatever ya want, but don't bitch if ya get in a wreck and ya lose all your teeth and can't afford to get new ones screwed into your head.

20. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I also think, that as I carry a gun and go through the laborious process of keeping it in working order and keeping my aim out of piss poor terrotory, and justify it as protection, why not wear the seatbelt. Plus you can pretend you're like, I dunno, Riding Bean or something. No one on the planet earth has watched Riding Bean besides me. I own the only copy. The rest were used to build small houses for Japanese bulldogs.