Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1800 vs 2100 PSI injectors performance gain?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by woods, Jan 17, 2005.

1. woods

woods Registered Member

I keep reading about these two different injectors. How much of a performance gain could one except? The setup would be on a 6.2L with banks siderwinder turbo and 19:1 pistons, stock injection pump, on a 88 blazer. I got a quote from Tim at Accurate Diesel for 240 for the 2100 psi vs 188 for the 1800 psi. Excluding the core exchange, also these will be short injectors, b/c the turbo kit calls for it. I mean 50 bucks difference I my always get the 2100 right, just so I have them.

Thoughts,
    Woods

Edit-Would there be any difference in fuel mileage between the 2?

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Some places don't recommend the hi-pops for towing due to possible EGT issues. Also if you have a high mileage injection pump will the extra PSI increase be detrimental to your old IP?

When the new motor went into my '00 I installed stock Bosch injectors.

3. woods

woods Registered Member

rebuild injection pump,heads and timing gear set on the list of upgrades but I'm trying to keep it to around 3300 dollars for this upgrade, with turbo kit, 19:1 pistons, rings, bearings,gaskets,motor mounts,harmonic balancer,oil pump,short injectors.

But you raise a good point, maybe going with the stock injectors would be wise.

4. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The 2100 psi injectors aren't high pop. DSG, BD, and Kennedy all sell a high pop that registers somewhere around 2400 I've heard. A 6.5TD injector (2100 psi) is the way to go.

In addition, high pop pressure will drive EGTs down. What you're thinking of is the marine nozzles. They flow more fuel, and that can lead to higher EGTs if not properly balanced with pop pressure and more intercooled boost.