Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

18year old smashes mail carrier in front of my house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Nov 24, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I was unloading grocerys in the driveway, and hear the screeching tires, I see this Malibu skidding full speed (over full speed if I had to estimate, speed limit on our road is 55mph), smash into the mail carrier Jimmy and both cars go off the road. The mail carrier was waiting to turn into our driveway to deliver a package.

So I run down there, the girls Malibu is closest, her air bags popped, she's getting out of her car, I ask if she's ok, I go furthur down into the ditch to ask the mail carrier, she's sitting on the right side of her truck, she said she hit her head,but she's ok, tropper that she is, she starts sorting the mail that is spewed all over her trunk. I tell her just to sit and don't worry about it.

So catch this, back up onthe roadside, the 17 year old is already on her cell phone, calling, not the police, notan ambulance, no checkingon the driver she just nailed, but she's calling her dad. Forgot the police and the other driver, number 1 priority for her has calling daddy, I need to call daddy.
    These other people stopped, they called the police.

She told me she needs to call the postmaster, I told her to give me her phone and just sit back take it easy. I tell the postmaster what happened he's on his way to get the mail and finish the route for her. I guess the mail truely doesn't stop, for anything.
    32 minutes goes by, and the police show up. We paid an extra 1 mil in tax increases 2 years ago for a dedicated police for our area ( I voted against it), it takes 32 friggen minutes for them to get here, with possible injuries yet...

The 18 year old starts telling me that the mail carrier switched lanes and she was going around on the right but then mail truck came back to the right,umm...sorry, your right front is smashed in, the carriers left rear is smashed in, you wern't paying attention and didn't notice a stopped vehicle, and tried to overtake her on the left. Even the people that the mail carrier was waiting to pass before she could turn, they turned around and stopped..
    Daddy shows up, and she's givin him the song and dance, he's not buying it either. Sorry honey, you f*cked up, you get to pay the consequences.

Oh and next time instead of calling daddy, you might want to check that you didn't kill the other driver first.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics, my wife did,but from out the front door.
    You can see the white car (18 year old) between the two pine trees and the Red Jimmy (mail carrier) way down the ditch and 100' off the road to the left of the pines. Remember, the jimmy was stopped at the end of my driveway waiting to turn left into it, and she's at least 50 yards from the driveway in the ditch now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn I feel bad for the mail carrier.. Crazy:eek1:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't be too hard on he kid for calling daddy. I'm not so sure that at 17 I wouldn't have done the same thing. I would hope that daddy had the presence of mind to tell her to dial 911.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rolleyes:

I had a 16 year old girl with a total of one week on her license turn left in front of me at a red light. She was in her Daddy's Honda car, I was in my K-10 with 4 inch lift and 33's. Damn near killed both of them, would have if I hadn't kinda anticipated them maybe doing that, and slowed and turned just before impact. :rolleyes:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

man thats crazy.at least no one was hurt bad.daddys gonna be mad when his insurance gets 10 times more expensive.