Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

19,200 Watts (Some pics added)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Jun 22, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Got a 70' Chevy Custom and friday nite pulled an all-nite'r. Installed 16 1200watt DB amps and 8 15" DB subs. Basically started with a stock Chevy friday morning put a 2.5"/4" drop kit, a snug top, installed some 20's, built a amp tray and speaker box, installed a set of Batecaps and a Matrix not to mention about a mile of cable, and cut the bed and cab and mated em togather. Let me tell ya anyone thats ever done something like that know's that some crazy $hit. It took about 6 of us and 24hrs of straight work. The whole day all I could think of was Monster Garage.

Anyhow back to the 19,200watt system. We completed it about 7am Sat morning. Of course it needed to be tested so once everything was complete we found 1 bad amp, original plan was for 32 amps no problem had plenty of spares. Popped in a sign sweep and what a dissapointment, couldn't believe how week it was. Source of dissapointment, Matrix. Turned that mutha all the way up and then cranked up the Cd and.... BOOM. Holy shnikeys, I swear my heart stopped probably only hit the high 150's but damn that was nutz. Blew 3 subs and cooked 2 amps in about 10 seconds, but that 10 seconds was worth every hour and dollar we put into that truck. Blew 3 more subs today at the so called audio/car show, but hell why not thats what it was built for.

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Re: 19,200 Watts

sounds sweet, unfortunately i feel thats a waste of money. but, different cups of tea i guess. O heck, Keep on Thumpin!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

this thread needs pics!

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

you HAVE to get pics of that monster. I wana see it

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah ok i'll try to get pics this weekend. Worked on it again tonite. Changed it from 8 15's to 4 15's, but kept the same amps. Also changed it from 25 cubic feet to 40 cubic feet. Hit 155.4db tonite with one of the new mics. Still not what we want shooting for the record which is 163db. but not there yet. I'll get some pics soon.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

wow, hey im up in tulsa, if u ever come out here, gimme a pm or something and id love to stop and see it, keep hittin...

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Some pics of the Spl vehicle.

Took these Saturday morning. Changed frim 8 subs to 4, but kept the same wattage. Took home a 1st place trophy for the 70' and a my brother took home a 3rd place trophy. Both in the open class. The spl hit a recordable 161.8db with the new mics, probably more dbs but we kept hitting an "over" on the meter. Can you say BOOM!!! .
    [​IMG]

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

all i can say is damn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I pitty you. My stock speakers are soo much louder! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison