Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1955 GM p/u models???

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Emmettology 101, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

My father was asking me if I could find out info on the truck models they had out around 1955. He said they offered a "specialty" truck that was customized from the factory.. He said it is not a regular p/u and it is not an El Camino.. He thinks it was called a Cameo...

Anyone know for sure on this????

Mike

Emmett says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>

2. HuskerBlazer

HuskerBlazer 1/2 ton status

55-58 Cameo...Basically a short cab pickup with fiberglass fender panels to make it look like a fleetside (before this all light trucks from Chevrolet had the stepside). Also trucks were made to be more of a "city-fied" truck....lotsa chrome, nice interiors, big rear window, more options added on, etc. I believe they were all 1/2 Ton trucks. '58 was the last year you could get them, although not many produced. Downfall was the introduciton of fleetside pickup bed...steel bedsides, more bed room, cheaper to make. A Cameo truck tended to about double the price of a regular truck. These trucks are big $$$ nowadays, but some company is making reproduction bedsides, so if you wanted to take a regular truck you could make a "pseudo-Cameo". Any more ???

K-5...Soccer moms inquire within.

3. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

well the last reply pretty much covered all..... if you have any more questions i know a bit about these trucks.... heres a pic of my uncles 56 cameo its for sale btw http://communities.msn.com/68K10