Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1962 Suburban 4x4 $1500/BO

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by b454rat, Apr 15, 2007.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Went to my folks place the other day to look at my sis's van, while I was there wanted to look at the 'ol burban. It's in the same shape as it was when I parked it there, but needs alot of work. Also my folks said they are tired of looking at it, tho they havn'et said anything to me about it. I have to be realistic about it, I will never get it the way I want. I don't want to junk it, but I know that I can't and won't get alot for it. The motor is a 307, ran good at one time, but the carb sucked in some rust or something and loads up bad idling for too long. The trans is a 3 speed on the column, which I can't stand, but I have a 4 speed/205 for it, and a hydro clutch setup, and new clutch master. The div. case in it now needs a rebuild, howls bad just puttin around. The rear is a 12 bolt, front is a D44, both out of a 73-74 truck, both 3.08 open gears. Most likely gonna need brakes for both axles. I have some parts for it; good hood, (better than the one on it) has some small pin holes, and a dent here and there, good doors, both have some rust, but easy fix. The clamshell style doors are real good, the upper part has some pins holes, and a hole where some dumba$$ tried to weld with the heat all the way up, blew a hole in the hinge mount. All the glass is there, all good, no cracks, and I don't think the front is clouding. Of course there is rust, alot of it. Pass fender can be saved, but the driver is too far gone to mess with. The floor is sorta new, PO was a hack to say the least. 1/4s are bad, rockers are new but hacked on as well. I have a tach dash out of a 60-61 C60 has all the gauges and some idiot lights. Rez power steering kit, 4wd steering box and pump off 70s 3/4 ton, power MC and booster off the same truck. I have a 63 steering column, off a 4 speed truck. 90 K-5 grey cloth buckets and matching center console, and an overhead console out of a sub, just needs to be painted to match. (blue) I know I have more parts but can't think right now. I don't want to sell it, but just sitting isn't gonna help it, and I'm not gonna have the time, money, garage or the right tools to get it done. I will get some pics later this week, maybe weekend, depending how much rain we get up here. Once I get pics up, make an offer. PM or call if you need/want more info. 607-237-0067. Thanks, Joe.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wow! I needed to adjust my eyes after reading that. Paragraphs would have made it a little easier.

Anyways, I'd like to see pics of this. Pics of everything you have to go with this.

3. b454rat

LOL, sorry grammar ain't one of my strong areas. Usually wrestling with the kid or listening the wife b!tch while typing. Right now the only pics I have are in my sig, there is an album there when I first got it. In those pics the only thing that changed is the tires and black paint. Seats too, and parts in the back. Need to get some updated ones, but we just got snow.....

4. pennsylvaniaboy

pennsylvaniaboy 1/2 ton status

5. b454rat

$1500 offers. Guess my folks want it out of there, so bring a trailor and come get it. Rather sell it to someone out of town, cause I don't want to see it again. EVER!!!!! I know I will regret selling it if I see it....

6. pennsylvaniaboy

dang would make a sweet vehicle and not a bad price just dont kno if i can do another project, would make an awesome dd

7. b454rat

I don't want to sell, but don't have the money to do it right. I have a local guy interested, but not waiting on him. I have a 400 that I was gonna put in it, with the 465/205, the stock 3.08s with 33s on 8" rally's. Motor will be plenty torquey to move this around. I planned on making this a driver, with no intentions whatsoever to take it offroad. I have a ECM and complete harness off an 87 TBI truck. If it doesn't sell, then I will put the motor in, fix what needs to be fixed and drive it for the summer. I wanted to paint it two tone, silver starting just below the windows, and then Sunburst from there down. Sunburst is a metallic orange, kinda dark. Kinda like the pic, but silver and with windows, and not a lowered 2wd, but that is saweet!!!!
    http://classictrucks.com/features/cl_0407_65chev_01_z.jpg

8. pennsylvaniaboy

whats your area code up there

9. b454rat

My number is 607-237-0067. Going to my folks right now, see if I can get some pics and post them tommorow....

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Too bad you're like 2800 miles away...:doah:

I don't mind a bit of a drive, but that's a bit far even by my standards. I would have liked to save that ol 'burb.

Rene

11. b454rat

If your on the left coast, there are alot more cleaner ones out there. It looks like it won't sell, local guy here is taking his sweet 'ol time getting ahold of me. Sucks cause I'm buying a Honda 250r, and was gonna tell the wife that I traded the 'burban for the quad. Gotta think of something else now. I have some pics that I need to get on a disc, then I can post 'em up.

12. b454rat

I need to get rid of this. Bad. I bought something that I don't think I should have, now it has to go. I have pics, just need to get them put on a disc.