Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1962 wagoneer - its a Willys...

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by mouse, May 11, 2005.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

My neighbor (an old fella, 70s+) has an all original 1962 Jeep wagoneer that he bought new from the dealer. Its been sitting in his garage for years and the body looks great from what I saw. The interior is a bit worn, yet everything is original. Do you think I should offer him some money for the old ride? It would make a great restoration project.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Is it the old willys wagon style?
    Or the newer Kaiser Wagoneer station wagon style? Both kinds were produced back then.
    I'd buy it. Espically if its rust free. If it is the wagoneer style. 1962 is the first year of production for Wagoneers so it would be worth some $$$ if restored.
    Those old Wagoneers are getting hard to come by in good shape.
    The drive train parts are pretty common They used D27s in the front and D44 in back Auto trans were TH350s. manual were Warner with spicer Xfer case.
    I think the only engine they came with was a OHC 6 banger

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I'll have to look at it again to make sure I know which one it is. The body is perfect, no dents or rust (from what I saw - passenger side, front/back). Its a dark green color. I guess I'll start asking when/if he'll sell it to me. He is an old fella, not much into restoring it, but he bought it with his brother way back when.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

nice old sheet metel is 100% cool get it and restore it and have fun with it at shows.

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Some of those Wagoneers had Buick V8s, and the earlier ones had Rambler 327 motors in them also. If its the Rambler motor, and early 343 or 390 AMC should bolt right in.

6. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I got a quick look the other day. Its a 1962 flat fender Willys - the last year they made them. The body is perfect.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Buy it :thumb:

I may be wrong but I am sure Jeep made the old style Willys Wagons up until 1965.
    But because they introduced the Kaiser Wagoneer in 1962 and had so much money invested in their developement and they became so popular. Jeep cut production on the Willys wagons (orginally called the Overland ) and did not try too hard to sell them.
    Jeep also produced and sold them in South America for quite some time, till the mid 70s i think, after they quit selling them in the USA.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Have You found out what engine it has? I dig the old Willys wagons with the old Super Hurricane flat head six. Those engines have great torque for their size and seem to take a lot of abuse. I beat the snot out of My Dads 56 Willys pickup for several years hauling firewood with it. That was after years of be worked out in the woods by My Grandfather who bought it new and used it to haul shingle bolts and grapestakes.

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

buy it..but i'm a little bias,lol

10. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Old jeeps are the coolest - keep it stock, it'll be worth a pile someday. You got someplace to safely store it?