Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1964 Dodge W-300 ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ksblaze83, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

Just curious what kind of axles a 1964 Dodge W-300 4x4 has....one w/no rust and runs good for sale for 1800....

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah ,old dodges rock. There just cool. Dont know what axles are in there though :)

3. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

.....here's the ad....
    FOR SALE 1964 Dodge W-300 1-ton Dually 4x4. 318 "Wide block" V-8, 4-speed, two lever transfer case, 9' steel bed, side mounted electric lift gate lifts 650#, gooseneck and receiver hitches, underbody tool box. NO rust, runs good

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I use to know a bit about the Power Wagons in my Mopar days. I believe a closed knuckle Dana 70 front and a Dana 70 rear, but, you might want to do a search to verify that. I was going to buy a 61 years ago (like around 1985) and decided against it ... parts for it back then were hard to find.

Hey, you forgot to post the phone number from that ad! ;)

Good Luck,

Eric M.

5. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think it's a closed knuckle D70.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Closed knuckle, no doubt. Which Dana series I do not know.

Long ago co-worker had one of those. Stock ex-utility Co. truck. Wore out the stock tires. Put 36's on it. They lowered the truck. Gave me a ride one morning, pulled up to a light and next to us was a lifted yota on 36's. I looked DOWN into his truck. :D :D :D

7. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

I don't know the model of or gear ratios of the axles but I have owned two dodges from the 60's, 70's both had full time 4x4 and could pull down a building with out trying. They were completely indestructible off road. I litterally ran into a concrete retaining wall at 40 mph, droped the front tires over the edge and did not hurt the truck or myself at all. It also pulled itself back out of the mess on its own with two diagnal wheels in the air and the other two in mud.

They were 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. I don't think anything but rust could kill a 1 ton or bigger.