Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1967 long steel bed swap/GAS TANK

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Sep 24, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

Sep 29, 2005
    i know this doesn't belong here but its all i can do. can i keep my bedsides when i trash my wood bed and get a steel one from a junkyard? its a long bed from a 67 K20. my wood bed is totally going to crap and makes a ton of noise. its so rotten i can pick up my bed at the corners about half an inch.

one more thing: when i have my bed off i want to replace my two custom side tanks and get a large 40 gallon gas tank for the rear of the truck. ive heard of this swap unfortunatly i dont know what tank to get and i dont know if it will fit in my 1st gen frame rails. i think the tank is a suburban tank of some year but i dont know. thank you gentlemen youve always been a big help. :truck: :1zhelp:

yes i searched, till my eyes bled.....:doah: :wink1: :D
  2. 85burb4x4

85burb4x4 Registered Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Yes you can keep the sides. IIRC...the front bed panel and rear cross sill (sp?)are different. Just be sure to take the front bed panel. There are a couple spot welds that hold the bed sides to the rear cross sill at the base of the rear stake pockets. Check out 67-72chevytrucks.com or classicheartbeat.com, there is a write up on those sites about the gas tank swap. Hope this helps.