Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1967 p/u door latches............

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Feb 17, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

my door latches suck....its takes about 2 stirkes each time to shut my door and i usually have to slam it. originally i thought it was from the new weatherstripping/bumpstops, but its not (found that out after adjusting door). There are two types of doors for first gen and i was wondering if the lathces where the same style............??????? on most 1st gen doors there is a thick metal plate where the latch screws into. however on my truck there is continous thin sheet metal where the latch attaches to the door. it looks like the bolt pattern will be the same but i dont know.

sorry this thread is out of place but its all i could do....thanks for your view :truck::1zhelp:

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well it may not be the way you want to go but,

if you want to talk to someone will alot of knowlege on these years call ricks pick up parts,

very friendly and can eaither tell you what swap will work or if they can rebuilt, or if you want new ones he has those too, they restore these trucks all days long,

ricks

480-892-8713

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I thought that was only on the K5's because of the stress from taking the roof off:confused:

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem with the drivers door of my GMC, until one day it closed but would not open from the inside or outside. I had to take the interior panel off and disassemble the guts, turns out the assembly inside was all rusty and had fallen apart. I reassembled and greased it, put it back together, and it worked good as new. keep a magnetic wand on hand in case little pieces fall into the door.

5. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

6. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Dbl steel

x2 Later J.