Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1968 Rear leaf springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Oldblue68, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Oldblue68

Oldblue68 Registered Member

Hello, I need some help from you off road kinda guys. First this is about my 68 1/2 ton truck. I f it makes ya feel better I own a 77 Blazer:)...Anyway the rear springs are 56 inches long with the centering pin in the middle. I cant find aftermarket lift spring anywhere without spending BIG bucks for a custom pack. Can anyone help me figure out what it would take to mount up a set of 69-72 rears? The 77 blazer I have has the 56 inch springs to but the center pin is to far forward to work. Also can anyone with 56 inch springs give me there dimensions as far as pin location and spring width at the bushings! Thanks and sorry for such a long post

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think you have the measurements mixed up. The 56" springs are only available on 3/4 ton trucks from '80 and up, Suburbans from '80 on up, and all 1 tons.
    The measurement you should be reading is 52". You can use ANY 52" springs clear up to '87 on blazers, K10's, and up to '91 on blazers.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

3. Oldblue68

Oldblue68 Registered Member

No, they are 56 inch. I have measured several times. 52 and 56 were available on this year truck. Mine are 28 inches long on each side of center pin for total of 56. The springs on my Blazer are also 56 inch but 26 inches long ahead of the center pin and 30 behind it... I thought about moving the front spring hangerback 2 inches but there is no room as my frame turns upward directly behind the mount.