Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1970 Chevy Blazer restoration

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by texmex_blazin70, Oct 24, 2004.

1. texmex_blazin70

texmex_blazin70 Newbie

hello everyone im new here. I recently purchased a 70 blazer off of ebay for 750.00. I could not pass it up, ive always wanted a 1st gen blazer. Anyway, i dont know that much about restoring a vehicle; where could i find some literature or cd-rom to aid me. Just to let yall know i probably be asking alot of annoying questions in the near future so bear with me.

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Welcome aboard Texmex. You picked a good one to restore. Ask away this is the best place for help on anything to do with K5's.

3. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

welcome! i don't have a 1st gen k5 yet just a 1st gen truck. might be able to help on a few??'s

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Membership priveleges will allow you to post in the "Body Shop" forum, which is all about restoration, and enable you to search more literature than your eyes and brain can come close to handling. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm 1 of the 2 mods in the body shop and I am happy to answer any resto. Q you have. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

also check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com
    a good site, not as much 4x4 oriented as this one, but a lot of good basic things to be found there.
    good luck!

6. texmex_blazin70

texmex_blazin70 Newbie

YOu know what? I think that the one i bought is a 72 not a 70. The front end looks like a 72 not 70. ill post some pics whenever i figure that out.

7. texmex_blazin70

texmex_blazin70 Newbie

[image]http://front_end.bmp[/image]

8. ugly

ugly 1/2 ton status

welcome.. texmex!

I have a 72 Blazer that is fairly well built for wheelin'; feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Do you plan on wheelin' it or restoring it to origional?

Mine has a 70 grill, and many people ask if it is a 70. I will be glad to swap grills if you would rather have the one for your year. Otherwise, I don't plan on doing much with my grill, and neither should you.

$750.00 is a steel if the truck is worth a dam.

later

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Welcome. I've got a '69 that has been modified and a stock, 100% rust free '72. Definately, post some pictures when you can. You'll need to have them hosted someplace else or get a paying membership and upload them to the member's gallery.

Definately check out the other board atho posted, especially if you plan to restore you truck to stock or somewhat stock. You'll find a lot of parts there.

If you post the VIN, we can tell you what year your truck is.