Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 350 VACUME HOSE LOCATION

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by turkey nest, May 5, 2004.

1. turkey nest

turkey nest Registered Member

I replaced the intake manifold on my truck and got side tracked and forgot the locations for the vacuum hoses. This is on a bone stock 350 with 4 barrel Rochester carb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Need more info!! What emissions , if any are you running? If none , then you need one hose from PCV valve to big port on carb, one hose from ported vacuum to distributor advance. If th350 you need one hose ( METAL with 2 inches rubber on each end ) to transmission off a full time manifold port. If you have power brakes then one off back of carb threaded to a metal hose to just near the booster , then rubber from that line to booster.

Of course if you have some emissions stuff, its different. Please let us know more, maybe a pic. I looked in your profile for details ,like make and model, but you never filled it out. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ok I found this in members rides, Thanks to the owner of it. This pic shows your hose for vacuum advance and PCV valve. The brakes are hooked to rear of carb in threaded fitting. Transmission if th350 goes to intake manifold. You shouldn't have much that year. Some trucks with stock air cleaner I looked at had a hose from passenger valve cover to air cleaner also. I found this picture in members rides by typing engine into the search bar, this pic was in the first resulting page. Hope it helps. Not much more I can do. Would be done in 5 mins if I was there to see yours. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[​IMG]