Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 Blazer Hardtop

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reecem, Oct 13, 2005.

1. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Hey,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on a question I have about my 71 Blazer. The truck never had a hardtop (or at least in the last 10 years) and so I have found one in rough shape and am planning on fixing it up but do not know if it is a single or double skin.

The only information I have is that a single top bolts from the topdown into the bed, where the double skin top bolts from the bed into the top. I dont have any of the mounting gear with it and to me it could be mounted either way.

Any ideas on how I can tell? I want to order new weather stip and cant until I know what I have.

Thanks

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The dbl wall has threaded inserts in the top itsself. The bolts come up from under the bed lip, through holes in the lip into the inserts in the top. Also, the dbl wall has no provisions for a top mounted o/head interior light. Hope this helps.

3. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Thanks that is great.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

You have a single wall because there is no way to bolt a double wall top down from the top side. The bolts come up in between the inner and outer wall of the top.