Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 Blazer Single Wall Weather Strip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reecem, Jan 5, 2007.

1. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Weatherstip

I have just finished working on my hardtop for 1971 Blazer (one year behind schedule) and am trying to button everything up. I am having a heck of a time with the front window weather strip and just cant figure it out.

I believe I have a single wall hardtop, as the top is not threaded and does not bolt from the bottom and the front window weather strip is supposed to fit in metal channels (which are on my hardtop). I understand that double wall does not have this channel. I have purchased the weather strip but I can’t figure the bloody thing out.

Has anyone come across this, the top weather strip seems to have an extra tag and the bottom goes to a point. I will take pictures tonight but was hoping that someone has experienced this pain already and can steer me in the right direction or send me a photo of what theirs looks like.

Thanks

2. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I had an absolute terrible time when i did mine. I fought it and never could get it to fit quite right. My top has been broke and repaired alot by previous owners, so it wouldn't fit right even if i new what i was doing. Mine leaks really bad and i just tarp it and wait for good weather.

I will say this, when it raining, i have fresh running water inside.