Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 Hardtop Color

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reecem, Aug 8, 2006.

1. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Looking for the paint color for a 1971 Blazer hardtop. Called several paint shops and Chevy, no one can tell me. Want it to look stock so I need the stock white color.

Anyone know?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

well...maybe!

Unless the fiberglass tops use special paint codes,I'm fairly certain GM used only one basic white color on the light trucks back then...I used to mix tons of it years ago..The dupont number was 5338L ..but that was laquer,which is extinct now,same number was used in "Centari" acrylic enamel,but used a different suffix..."5338-A" was the centari number..I'm guessing at the paint code,but I think it was "12"...maybe an Dupont dealer can cross reference the old numbers?..

We kept ALL the old formula and color chip books where I worked,when most others tossed them, when microfiche formula sheets came along,so we could mix old colors other places couldn't..but many of the "mixing colors" were discontinued,then we were forced to pick another color that was close,and make sure the colors to mix it were all still available..we sold lots of "Plum Crazy" mopar purple,and the usual neon-flouresent lime greens and yellows used on hot rods often.."Ohmaha Orange" was a popular color for state and DPW trucks..:crazy:

3. reecem

reecem Registered Member

Thanks I will try and find it.