Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 K5 - Simply Awesome - Texas

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by bluegoose972, Sep 4, 2006.

1. bluegoose972

bluegoose972 Newbie

SOLD

Always dreamed of rebuilding a K5 Blazer and no expense was spared. Unfortunately, the family has grown and this is one of "dad's" toys that must go. Been rebuilding for the past three years and only finished at the beginning of the summer. Has spent most of the time in the garage, except for a few drives around town and attending a few car shows. Has done very well at the car shows, including a "choice" award. Very nice vehicle that draws lots of attention and is fun to drive.
    Some of the highlights:
    454 engine - previous crate engine that was completely gone through. Dyno'd at 500 hp and 550 ft-lbs of torque before installing in vehicle. New 750cfm Truck Avenger Holley Carb. Cast Iron manifolds and dual exhaust with cross-over pipe. New 200 amp alternator and new power steering pump. Electric vacuum pump (due to lack of vacuum on big block due to cam).
    Turbo 400 transmission - purchased from specialty shop in Arizona to handle high torque/hp.
    Rear End - Dana 60 from DTS with limited slip and disc brakes, widened to match width of front axle.
    Front and rear gears set at 4.56:1.
    Be-Cool Aluminum Radiator system
    6" Lift Kit
    36"x15"x15" Truxx Radial tires with 15"x10" Weld Typhoon wheels (spare tire/wheel is Super Single).
    Custom Front Bumper from Road Armor. Two sets of PIAA lights (Fog and Driving)
    Custom Rear Bumper for spare tire and reciever hitch w/backup lights and Hi-Lift jack.
    Custom interior with marine grade vinyl. Custom center console with cup holders, power window switches, and hidden cooler with drain out the bottom of floor.
    1000 Watt Stereo system with two amps and flip up screen DVD player.
    Security system with seperate hidden kill switch
    Custom roll cage with roll bar pads to match interior
    Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Seats
    Custom Gauges (Still need to hook up trans. temp gauge).
    All new sheet metal (Almost every body panel was replaced during rebuild, including doors, front fenders, hood, tailgate, passenger side panel).
    Many new parts included..Just haven't installed yet. (new side windows, D-rings for rear bumpers, skid plate for gas tank, etc.)
    Brand new hugger orange paint (4 months old).
    Soft convertible top (new, never installed) and bikini top using same hoops (No hard top included)
    New steering box, new master cylinder....everything is virtually new or rebuilt.
    Custom body work (re-radiused wheel wheels, gas tank door, cowl induction hood)
    Painless Wiring Harness and all new lights and housings.
    You really need to see this vehicle to appreciate it. Get's tons of attention at the car shows and anywhere it is driven. But few vehicles are perfect. Here are some of the things that still need attention: Passenger side window needs replaced due to damage during reconstruction (included with above parts); transmission temp guage needs to be hooked up and bunge welded into pan; small leak on engine oil pan (annoying small drip..probably needs resealed); Heater controls need rebuilt (parts included); needs glove box installed (included); windshield wiper fluid resevoir (included), center console cup holders didn't turn out to my liking..need to be changed out, and a few other miner odds and ends.
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=71179
    Above is a website forum that I used to track the progress of my reconstruction. This will give you additional pictures and verbage of what I actually did on the vehicle. As you can see, I tore it down to the frame, then rebuilt her all the way back up.
    I reserve the right to cancel this auction at any point since this vehicle is now up for sale locally.

I will consider a trade for a convertible muscle car.

Approximately $35k invested....Asking $22k.

Rick Lewis

Bluegoose972@yahoo.com

Profile.JPG

Center Console.JPG

Rear Bumper 2.JPG

Side View.JPG

Gauges Installed.JPG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:eek1:

-Avery

3. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

HOLY CRAP! :bow: I have a 69 Chevelle that needs to be restored! :haha:

4. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

That is one purdy truck!

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

DAWMMM. hw much did it end up selling for?

6. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status