Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1971 K5 what is she worth

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxK5Blazer, Jun 23, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I found a 1971 K5 sitting at a house today that has been sitting there for at least 4 years now. I stopped by today cause someone was outside and asked the guy about it. I asked him if he was interested in getting rid of it he said yes that he had a guy offer him $1500 for it and that I was welcome to go look at it. It is in real rough shape the top is all messed up the windshield is broken and both door windows are broken the doors dont' have any interior panels on them no back seet and the engine is in pieces in the back of the Blazer.... What is this thing worth I didn't see any rust or dents oh and the door handle on the passenger side is missing..... Please help me .....Jason /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

With that much wrong, offer the dude, $700.00 and see what he say's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check out the body real good, if it doesnt have any rust or at least very little then buy it for $1500.00. You can part it out for at least $1500.00 even if you decide not to build it. Take a lock at the threads above dealing with body rot/cancer and check it real good before you buy it. Your location would have a better preserved body then most others on the board.

4. TxK5Blazer

I am not worried about the engine cause it will get a big block and a turbo 400 can u still find parts for this truck or not really....I was thinking of offering him 500 for it ....jason

5. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

You can get everything shy of the actual body tub. They are getting harder and harder to find with good sheet metal these days. Hope it is the find you are looking for. I am almost done doing a frame off restoration/modification to my 1972 Blazer. I love the body style and the full convertible in the sun is the best!!

6. TxK5Blazer

what about if he doesn't have a title to it how can I work around that does anybody have a clue ....Jason

7. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifi just payed $200. for one that sounds like yours but mine has all glass but one vent window and mine is real rusty the only thing is theses rigs hide rust bad if you want i can email a few pics of mine /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. TxK5Blazer

please email me the pics that would be great and let me know where to look for rust in the bad boy thanks for all your help guys.... hope someone can email me about the title problem.....Jason

9. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifemaild them to ya i allso sent you some info an the title thing /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

There was just a '72 Jimmy for sale in the area. I didn't go look at it, but the photos on collectorcartrader.com looked decent. It had a hard & soft top, 6" lift, & 35's. The engine was blow & they were asking $1700. I thought about taking a look at it but then I realized my wife would kill me if I decided to buy it.

Given your description, I'd start at your $500 offer and see where it goes from there. The body needs to be near perfect to be worth over $1000 in my opinion.

11. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i would sayt about 500 or so. its completely in pieces. also in louisiana you can get a reconstructed title. maybe you can in texas too. call the dmv and see. its not a problem here unless the vehicle has ever been sold for scrap

nathan