Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 blazer...is it a deal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok i found a 1972 blazer that i thought was in better shape than it was....i went to go pick it up yesterday and found all kinds of stuff i dident notice befor...so here it goes...the dash was all cut up where someone just but random switches all over the place, when u open the door between the floor and door sil is all rusted out (i think its repair able but what kind of cost would i be lookin at since i cant weld), the rear passenger fender was crushed in that also looks fixable because it dident crease it or anything, only has 3 wheels because a hub is missing from one side so moving it home would be kinda a bitch unless i want to fix that part there but i dont want to waste my cash on that because my plan was to buy new axles from dynatrac. This part i knew about..it has no motor but the tranny is there and so is the transfer case.

So whats the deal...dose it sound like its worth 1200. the guy wont budge on the price because he said he would raduther part it oue because he would get more than 1200 if he did that....so what should i do....buy it and get to workin on it or keep lookin for a better one?

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i think it is a deal!!!!!
    i would take it, but thats just me

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

3. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I paid 1,200.00 for my 70 K5 and drove it home after I changed the fluids and put in a new battery. The 350 just fired right up!! Maybe I just stumbled across a major steal?

Blazin' in TEXAS!

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i've got a bridge i'll sell you[​IMG].....
    i bought my 83 with no dents,good paint,decent interior(small holes in floor)and drove it home for $600.00!!!! i know the 69-72 style is worth more money but it seems like all your getting is a beat up body with a tranny/transfer that you don't even know if it works or not... you can probably do better than what he's asking.....make him pay for the tow bill to get it moved or have him at least put the hub back together...
    if not only offer him $900 or $1000 just for the hassle!!!but make it "cash in hand"
    i don't see how he cpuld part it out for that much, but you may be better off letting him try....
    just my $.02

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

yeah, cash in hand is a good thing, people get really excited when they see cash in front of them, thats how i got my truck for 1100 instead of 1600 the guy was asking.

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

6. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

I would buy it. I bought (2 ) 72 blazers for $2100. both together make one great one. That is not a bad price for a good start.

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

It's a fair deal IF you are not buying the blazer for a completer resotration AND you don't it to be a daily driver any time soon AND you have a place to put it and work on it without a home owner's association or SO bugging you about it.
    I only qualify for 1 out of 3, so I couldn't buy it, but I would sure like to :)
    -- Mike

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well from the replys on here i think i am goin to pass on the deal.....but i am still searchin for one...if anyone knows for a 72 in central ca for sale let me know....i want a project truck that will be a daily driver once it is done...and then the 88 i have be become the trail rig.....well thats the plan anyway =-)

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"