Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 Blazer Lift Questions

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 1972Blazer, Jan 6, 2001.

1. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

Here is what I am planning and I just wonder if anyone else has done this yet? I currently have a Superlift 4" suspension lift with rear blocks and I also have a 3" Body lift (body lift has to go). I will continue to use the front 4" springs and add the Extended Shackles for a total lift between 5" and 5.5". For the rear I am ordering the 5.5" heavy Duty Superlift springs. I think this should set me about level front to rear. What do you think and has anyone else done this?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I really don't have much input on the rear springs, if they are specifically for an early k5 and have 5.5" of lift, you should in theory be fine........
    It is easier to raise them than to lower them though, so if it doesn't work, it's easy to fix.

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Given the same lift spring front and rear on a 72 the rear will be about 1.5 to 2 inches lower with the Hard top fitted. With the Hrad top off mine was still low in the back by about an inch.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

My 72 saged just like blazer72 i put a 6" front and 8" rear sits real nice

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM>http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM</A>