Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 blazer problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ttkid524, Aug 22, 2005.

1. ttkid524

ttkid524 Newbie

So I’ve got a 1972 blazer that I had bought with big plans, but it was so rusty there was no bringing it back. I sold the front axle, and salvageable body panels. But now I’m stuck with a rusted shell of a k5 with no title, that I have no idea of how to get rid of. I tried to scrap it but they wont take it with out a title, and burying it in the back yard sounded like a good idea till I realized how long it would take to dig that big of a hole. Does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of it, legally? Selling it is out of the picture because it is so far gone. I’m stumped.

2. wildbilzrydn

wildbilzrydn 1/2 ton status

Can you apply for a lost title or something like that? I realize it's throwing good money after bad, but that would work for you.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no title...no problem...

Where do you live if they wont let you junk it without a title??...They are supposed to have titles in MA when they are junked too--but nearly every scrapyard here does not care much if you have one...when I junked my K20 a few months ago,and handed the guy the title,he just laughed..as if someone would resurect it from the crusher that just squashed it flat with the VIN tag still on the cabs dash!..now even ads in the paper for scrap say no title--no problem...dont know all the laws here,but I suspect if its going directly into the shredder,they dont need a title...they are just worried someone will try to use the tags and title on another vehicle thats hot or has leins on it..

If you take it apart,there is no law against junking it one peice at a time!--I had to cut up a lot of trucks into peices to get rid of the rusted carcasses..some went to the scrapyard,some went to the local dump(before I learned I could SELL it! :doah: )...get a torch or sawsall and get busy!--I still have a whole 73 k10 frame to chop up and cash in,among other "leftovers" I have cluttering up the backyard and woods in my yard from trucks I had 15 years ago... :doah: ...scrap is 75 a ton here now,so I'd better do it fast.. :crazy:

4. ttkid524

ttkid524 Newbie

Well the problem is that in the great city of Lubbock, Texas they will fine you for leaving it too long, so I only have like a week to get rid of it, and cutting it up with a grinder will take a little while ( I don’t have a torch ). I quess what I’ll have to do is move it around for a while until I can get a salvage title, but that sucks.

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I cut a whole Ford pickup aparrt with a sawzall. It only took bout an hour, then I deposited the pieces in dumpsters around town. Most towns I know of, have a provision that if it is completely covered, it is not an "eyesore", and is exempt from the "junk" statute. Might be worth checking out.

6. rodney chambers

rodney chambers Registered Member

A SAWWWZALLL YOU SAY? :haha:

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Yessirree!!! Got it for free with no title, kept the hood and one door, cuter up and dumped it off.