Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 Blazer Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eric wight, Aug 8, 2005.

1. eric wight

eric wight Newbie

Hey guys I'm new to being a Chevy Truck Owner and have a few questions. First off, I just picked up a 1972 Chevy Blazer V-8 350 with a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires I do however have a few questions. 1) My Blinkers and brake lights are out if I ordered a Chiltons manual will it tell me how to repair this or will I need to seek out a mechanic? 2) I would like a Bikini top but I'm having trouble finding them online does anyone know if they make Bikin Tops for this make/model or not? And if so where I can pick one up? 3) If I want Flowmasters do I need to have previously installed headers? If not can I just take it into a muffler shop have them take measurments tell me which type to order and haev them put em on? Thanks for all your help in advance, Eric Wight.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  2. eric wight

eric wight Newbie

please help!

3. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

1. The chiltons should have the schematics to follow to fix the lights, but not possitive. The first thing i would do is check all relays, fuses and bulbs, if that doesn't worth then you can read a few wires and see if you have a short or an open.

2. I dont know for sure if they sell a bikini top for the K5's but i'm not possitive, so basically no help there!

3. You do not need headers to run flowmasters. You can either have them installed or do it yourself if you want.

and....welcome to CK5

4. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

I think he is new to some other things that just owning a chevy. :D :D :D

1. Lights: what the guy above me said. Oh but insted of a chilton I would get the gm service manual for you vehical. The owners manual and service manual only cost 40 bucks for my 83. It is well worth the money. The cover things that chilton doesn't even begin to touch. They basicaly instruct you how do dissasemble and reassemble the whole thing.

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/TipsAdvice/OwnerServiceManuals.html
    click the brand and go from there.

2. Soft tops: This site might have what your looking for. http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/softtops.htm

3. Muffler: also what the guy above me said.

5. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

TonyP has a guy that is making bikini top for the 1ST gens. e-mail him and he will get you fixed up. I just got mine a few months ago and it is great. tonypeebs@hotmail.com

6. jims505

jims505 Registered Member

Blinker and break lites out. Check your flasher.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If both your blinker and brake lights are out (do the front blinkers work? Are the bulbs burned out?) I can tell you with almost 100% certainity that the problem is in the steering column. The brake lights are ruited from the brake light switch into the steering column blinker switch and then to the brakes. You will need a steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off. The rest of it isn't too bad (I've had mine appart MANY times).

8. 4wheelattitude

4wheelattitude 1/2 ton status

Thats it! I had problems with my 68 stepside and it turned out to be the turn signal switch in the column. I would back trace from the rear of vehicle to the fuse box first. that is fuses are good? But it realy does sound like a turn switch problem to me. I'm new to the site as well but I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in.

9. uglytruck

uglytruck Registered Member

The Chiltons manual I have for mine doesn't have wiring diagrams, however I did purchase a Clymer manual that does. Between both manuals I have had occasions that are not covered so probably would be best to spend the cash and buy the chevy manuals.

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[​IMG]

In my gallery pics...under "Misc Stuff"

Do yourself a favor and pick up the "Factory Service Manual" if you plan on doing much work on your own vehicle. Get the "Factory Assembly Manual" if you are planning on restoring....it's got tons of diagrams of how everything is supposed to look and go together.

Good Luck.

:usaflag: