Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 GMC Jimmy

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by SHINTON, Oct 31, 2003.

1. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

$7000 is in the Autotrader in Triad as of Wed.

1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4, just finished with the 150+ hour restoration and new paint job in the last three weeks or so. 350 v8, automatic transmission, NP205 transfer case. It has a 3" lift kit and 33x12.5 Daytona Mud Terrain tires with 40% tread life left. (It should fit 35s if desired!)

This truck has a really deep glossy shine that my camera just does not seem to capture. The interior pictures actually show it best, the color is a very deep rich red/orange. The truck gets ALOT of attention, I had 5 people ask me about it on Sunday!

http://community.webshots.com/user/shinton1970

The axles are Dana 44 in the front with Warn locking hubs, and GM Corp 12 bolt in the rear. The rear axle has a Powertrax Lock-Right (locking differential) installed. The gears are 3.07 which is great for the open road! Honestly for 4x4ing, I would have sworn it had 3.73s, lotsa torque!

The Jimmy has a lot of factory options, skid plates, a/c, tilt steering, hard top, am/fm radio, etc. The radiator was replaced a few years ago with an oversized unit. Replaced the following items during the restoration: brake master cylinder, rear brakes, front brakes, rotors, caliper and tail pipes. I just put on a new cap and rotor and I am replacing the ujoints in the next week or so for the rear driveshaft.

The a/c worked fine, but would leak out a couple pounds of freon each year and I would refill. I have not refilled though since I put the Kayline soft top on about 3 years ago. So it worked fine the last time I used it! (You could have it converted to newer freon for probably the same cost as refilling with the old kind.)

The engine is very powerful, and has the standard Rochester Q-Jet carb. It does puff some smoke which is most likely valve guides. (Ez fix if you have the right tool.) The truck does have 174kish miles on it and does use some oil, leaks a bit of fluids like you would expect with any 31 year old vehicle.

The front floor mat is brand new, and the cab floor and bed flooring was shot with spray on liner. The interior was repainted along with the outside to the original "Chevy Red" or "Hugger Orange" (I have heard it called both names.)

The hard top was restored as well, and coated with spray on liner inside and out, and painted white on the inside. The outside is a slate gray color.

The soft top is made by Kayline and was put on in 1999 or 2000. It is in good shape, no tears and is the snap on style. Neither top is on the Jimmy currently, we will put which ever top on that you desire. The radio has not been used in a while, all it should need is speakers. The drivers seat is showing some wear and tear in the vinyl and could be recovered or just put on a seat cover.

Obviously, I am not going to recover anywhere near the TIME and money spent on this Jimmy and someone is going to get a real deal, but I really did not want to sell a vehicle that I wouldn't want to buy for myself. We restored the Jimmy exactly as if I was going to keep it myself and took no shortcuts, ie, did it the "right" way. If you have questions about the restoration I would be happy to answer them! The reason I am selling is I have bought a Jeep that I will be using for hunting, etc.

The Jimmy is located in Greensboro, NC. This is a GREAT Blazer, you will have a hard time finding one in nicer shape for less money.

2. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

A couple new photos in the link for Big Org and actually the price is $6900!