Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 in the San Diego, CA area

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jamesjones, Apr 28, 2003.

1. jamesjones

jamesjones Registered Member

Hi all thanks for contributing to this awesome site. I've seen some guys say that first gens are easy to find in CA. Unfortunately I haven't been that lucky. I'm still on the hunt for a 72 to call my own. If anybody has any leads on any in the greater San Diego area let me know. Also can you put a 72 grill on a 69-70 or do you have to swap out the whole front clip? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    James

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    you can swap out the grilles no problem.The center support and the hood locking mechanism is slitly different between the 69-70 and the 71-72 grilles.You'll have to find a center support and hood latch for the particular grille your putting in.
    I swapped in a 69-70 grille into my 71 and I had to change the center grille support and hood mechanism to the 69-70 design.

69-70 grille in my 71.As you can see I have not swapped out the front bumper.
    [​IMG]

3. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

If you buy a Blazer or 67-72 Chevy truck in San Diego County watch out for a guy named Paul Ruez. He buys and sells these trucks and he's a snake. You can buy a truck from him, just look it over real well!

4. jamesjones

jamesjones Registered Member

10-4. Thanks a lot for the heads up. I'm hoping to have my 72 in the next few weeks. I found a couple of possibilities. I'll post pix when I do.