Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1972 K10 4x4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockaFella, Jun 8, 2003.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif Weeeee Well... Was Wee...I bought me a New 72 4x4 Beater Truck I finally fixed the Engine..Or what i thought i Fixed...Went down thru the Woods Having fun SLiding in and out of Mud Hole When...She Just Shut Off..Looked down my Guages....She over heated until she shut off herself...This mainly Means the Motor is now trashed..Right...What would be a Good replacement for this 350? Should i Go Lighter...Or Bigger..Stock K10 Just 33 inch tires All it is is a Beater truck im thinking i should drop a 305 In her....305 or just another 350..That tis the question
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Don't put a 305 in there, there is not enough (if any) of a weight difference to offset the power difference (a lot!)... either go with another 350 or go bigger...

3. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I think the 305 actually weighs more. It is externally the same as a 350 just smaller bore and stroke. More metal in the block?