Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1973-1975 Soft Tops & Doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by acablik, Aug 2, 2002.

1. acablik

acablik Registered Member

Does anyone make a soft top with roll-up sides for 1973-1975 full removable roof K5's? Who makes the best tops in general for these years? Does anyone make soft doors for K5's or 73-87 c/k trucks? Is the do-it-yourself hurculiner worth a damn? Thanks for your help! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have a bestop for the top and it does fine as for the soft doors, its a no go. They would have to be made custom. I cut out all but the frame of my doors and welded in some roll bar tube. I went to the upholstery shop and they sell plastic convertable top material and would make me a set of snap on doors for $100. the snaps would be screwed into the frame of the door. I am waiting till it gets colder to do this
    [​IMG]

The entire thing is covered in herculiner. I like it but it holds dirt and mud like a sponge! Its hard to get it real clean. The bedliner fades quick but if you spray over it in rustoleum it will hold a shine for a long time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. acablik

acablik Registered Member

Does Besttop make one like that for full removable top 1975 K5's?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester