Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1973 E-Brake Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Beast, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Beast

Beast Registered Member

I am trying to restore the functionallity of my e-brakes but am having trouble finding what parts are missing and then where to buy them. I have gone the dealer route and have only been able to get the intermediate cable. I have the primary, intermediate and drum cables and a coupler but none of the hangers or other unknown MSP. The dealer doesn't have a picture of the 73-75 brake system and I've struck out with all of the aftermarket companies I've tried too. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Check LMC Trucks the have parts that are needed for your style of e-brake.
    http:// http://www.longmotor.com/

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

If you can't find what you need, I'll take some pics of my '73 e-brake system and e-mail them to you. It'll take about a week to take the pics, get them developed, and e-mail them to you.

Fencepost eater

5. Beast

Beast Registered Member

Thanks Goose.

I have not found exactly what I need yet from the other sources and I am waiting for the catalouge from LMC to see if that helps. I have been looking around my neighborhood to see if I can find any other 73-75 Blazer to crawl under with a camera, but I figured in LA that would be a shooting offence.