Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1974 K20 worth???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know I know another whats this worth post:rolleyes: Just trying to get an estimate. My buddy is lookin at the truck in question. 1974 K20 straight body..one rust hold on the driver side bottom corner of the cab, but thats it. Both front fenders where it should be trimmed are kinked up a bit, but nothing major. Running gear New rebuilt 350 edelbrock intake/carb doesn't smoke and started right up and idled smooth. TH350 trans didn't drive it, but fluid is red. NP 203 part time converted. D44 gearing unknown superwinch hubs. 14BFF gearing unknown. I am guessin 4.11 or 3.73. 35x14.50 Thornturds cupped pretty badly. About 50% or 500 miles left on them:D Ultra 16.5x~12 polished aluminum wheels. Suspension is a 6" I think brand unknown leaf up front and blocks in the rear. It has some funky well built though longer shackles up front. 3" body lift. Overall the truck catches your eye. It looks good, and appears to be mechanically sound. Doesn't leak anywhere:eek1: Anyway besides the high point of smog exempt I don't see anything that really makes it special, but my buddy is lookin for something he can use without sinking a ton of money in upgrades right away. The guy is asking $5500, and I think that is way too high. Anyway sorry to ramble on, but just lookin for a ballpark guestimate what this truck is worth.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nobody:dunno: Called the guy and asked him some questions. He was sorta talkin up the motor so I guess maybe thats what he thinks is justification for the price. Haven't driven it so don't know how the motor is power wise. It has 4.11's both open.

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

My buddy just sold an 84 for $4000, clean body, worked at a body shop so he painted the frame and undecarriage. The motor was from an 89 Camaro and ran good, 700r4 had a small leak. Real nice truck so i wouldnt give the guy more then $4500 for the K20. If your buddy buys hes prolly gonna need to replace ball joints and then get new tires and an alignment. Maybe use that to talk him down.