Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1975 2wd For Sale??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stickman75k5, Jan 14, 2003.

1. stickman75k5

stickman75k5 Registered Member

I have recently considered selling my 75 2wd Blazer. It is licensed and driveable but is in the project stages. Has new doors, front fenders, rockers, cab supports, and floor panels. Needs some reassembly and attention in the tailgait area and then paint. Full hard top. Any ideas what it might be worth? I hate to sell it but new daughter takes all daddy's time.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

One hun....no one hundrerd and fifty dollars...yeah thats it! Call me!

No, really it's very hard to say....it depends on what part of the country you're in etc. You didn't go into too much detail. Is it all stock drivetrain, stock height, options? Soundds like it had a lot of rust...that would factor in also. 2wd makes it somewhat rare, but not exactly collector status. Most 2wd units get made into lowered street cruisers, so this might not be the ideal place to sell one. Good luck!

3. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

how much daddy...green talks..

all hail the almighty sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

You might also let us know what it has engine, tranny, miles, interior etc.

5. stickman75k5

stickman75k5 Registered Member

Sorry for the delay in posting some reponses. I bought the blazer in 1990 with 93000 miles on it. It now has 115000. Turbo 350 rebuilt less than 500 miles ago. New rear brake lines, wheel cylinders, brakes, starter, alternator. Aluminum intake, Holley 600, Moroso Anodized Valve Covers. Engine history in unknown for sure, but rumor said it is the orginal engine and was rebuilt at about 75000 miles. It runs strong with no smoke. Small typical small block leaks. Seats were redone at some point with nice burgundy velour. Needs new carpet when finished. Lots of new metal as described in earlier posts. Needs attention in tailgate area and some reassembly although it is licensed and I was driving it in the fall before winter set in. I leave the top off year round so it has been inside for the last few years. Still needs some TLC but alot of hard work has already been done. If I do sell it, I would ask $3000 as is and probably $4000 plus once I get it a little further along. I don't need to sell it and love driving it, but with a new daughter I have very little time for it right now. Price may seem high, but full convertible 2wd blazer are about impossible to find in any condition. Hope that helps a bit. Sorry again for the delay in posting more info.

Jim Reynolds
    Kansas City, Missouri
    816-891-4519 Daytime

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Sounds pretty reasonable to me Jim...good luck on the sale!