Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1975 blazer pulling off body from frame

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Nov 22, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I need help asap!!

What would be the easyiest way to pull a 1975 K5 body off the frame and set it on a flat bed truck?

I was thinking either a bunch of guys or a fork lift with extenions on it? Any ideas would be great!!!!

Steps on diassemblying it would be great as well.. Meaning how to go about it?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The way I did it was stripped all the parts off the body, including fenders, and doors and all I was left with was the tub, I didn't remove the rear floor to help keep it together, it took 4 guys to pick it up and put it on a flat bed.
    It is flimsy though.

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

So did you take the front end off? or does that even come off?

So you took off the tail gate, the camper shell, doors, and fenders? Ive never done this before and am trying to get as clear as a picture as I can. anything at all you can tell me in detail will really help.

4. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Front end comes off at the firewall - there are several bolts that hold the fenders to the firewall and to the radiator bulkhead. Take the doors off (Knock the pins out) and look in the door frames - I think you can see the mounting bolts from there. Pick up a copy of a chiltons or other manual before you rip into it.

With the top, tailgate and front doors off all you should end up with is the body tub from the firewall back.