Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1975 Jimmy Trail rig in Atlanta Updated status last post.

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Grim-Reaper, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yes Dollar is for sale if I can sell it quick.

Yeah I may have paid a Buck for it but I have way more in it now. Just some quick adding in my head it would take an easy $10k to duplicate not counting labor.

It's ugly! it has been massaged all over at Tellico.
    Here is what it has. Remeber I built this as a budget rig and the goal was to keep it streetable and civil so it was built with 35's MAX as a tire size. It's running beefed half ton gear as a result.

What it has
    Rear: 12 bolt 4:10, Detroit full case locker, AZ Kicking Disc brakes with Caddie calipers. http://coloradok5.com/atrondiskbrakes.shtml
    Home Brew shackle flip with mix and match spring pack. It sits level with hard top and about 300lb of gear.
    Front: 10 bolt front, 4.10, EZ locker (the one they got sued over and good), Warn alloy shafts, CTM joints. Ranco Lift spring, ORD Zero rate with axle shifted forward 1 inch.
    ORD steering brace
    ORD disconnects
    ORD 1 inch body lift with Daystart poly bushings
    Custom expanded steel grill
    Custom bumpers with winch deck for WARN winches (I will be keeping my HS9500i)Set up for Clevis front and rear.
    Rocksliders that bust granit. Also stor 8 gallons of air at 140PSI for months.
    35x12.50x15 BFG KM's on Black 15x10 rock crapwelers with less then 5k on them. They look new and very few trail miles on them.
    NP203 has been gone through and it's running a Mile Marker shaft replacement part time kit and replacment chain. Shifter is rebuilt. http://www.coloradok5.com/milemarkerpt.shtml

TH350 have been fully rebuilt including reman converter all new clutches and steels. It's built mostly stock and has not given me any trouble in 15,000 miles of service.

Hayden 19k stack plate tranny cooler.
    Hayden tranny temp gage.
    Sun Pro tach.
    Specialty top http://www.coloradok5.com/stcreview.shtml

Seats are from a Mini van and feature captains chairs in the front. Drive seat had some welding boogers hit it an put some holes in it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif http://www.coloradok5.com/packitup.shtml

the one and only K5 Barn door tailgate with double Jerry can holder, spare tire rack and high lift rack.

Home built roll cage. Not great but 1000 times better then nothing.

350 engine lower 48 emissions (no cat factory).
    Has a Kelsey hays brake controler that is functional but needs to be wired correctly.

Rock lights monster skid plate on fuel tank made out of 3/16 boiler plate.

Everything on this truck has been gone through in the last 5 years. axles, case, tranny all resealed. all vent lines extended.

It does need new valve guide seals ($30 in parts including new valve cover gaskets) and the motor has some miles on it. Great oil pressure and other wise solid. Carb is rebuilt and coverted to electric choke. Runs fine on the road but does have some noe up stall issues.

Doors are set up for quick removal.
    Bad:
    Has an igntion problem that is replated to the distributor. I was preparing to convert to fuel injection so it has not been corrected. THis should be resolved soon.

Body by tellico applies and not a straight pannel on truck.

EXTRA'S going with the truck.
    89 454 TBI that need to be installed. I have all the parts except the MAP sensor and EGR control solonid that I wasn't going to use.
    2 spare rear axle shafts
    1 complets set of front axle shafts and a second almost complete set. Second set needs a stub shaft to be complete.

Spare 4x4 powersteering box
    Hood that needs paint but is straight (one on truck is bent)THis has been installed
    Passengerside door for making half door. I have a set of rear 1/4s I was going to make some skins out of that I can include.
    Spare rear driveshaft.

Iwas looking at replacing rear axle shafts with some aloys

What's not going is my recovery gear, storage boxes, alternator and other parts that also serve as travel back ups for my Suburban in the pack write up. My big AUX lights in the grill, Wink Mirror, CB.

This truck would have no problems on a several hundred mile trip if it had a good distributore dropped in it. I have made many such trips in it including towing a car from Knoxville to Atlanta. It will happily cruise all day at 70mph with the 4.10s and 35's. It rides betterthen stock on the hwy other then you can feel the Detroit in the rear sometimes. This truck has never been trailered to the trails and other then a clogged fuel filt it has never given me any major problems till this distributor started acting up.

Parking brake has not been hooked back up after disc conversion.

It's due for a oil change but other wise ready to drive.

I have well over $10k not counting labor If you had to pay somebody to put this truck together it would be well over $15k to do it.
    I'd like $6,000 but might take a resonable offer less than that.
    [​IMG]

<font color="red"> I will drop the price to $4k but I want the soft top and Warn shafts and CTM's and a couple other parts including the Fuel injection. I have found two vehicles I am trying to get. One is a75 K5 that is bone stock. I have to move quick.
    If your ready to wheel then buy a tow strap and this truck and your ready to go. </font>

2. Grim-Reaper

Re: 1975 Jimmy Trail rig in Atlanta Turn key wheeler

TTT

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll give ya a dollar for it!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

5. Grim-Reaper

TOp top

6. Grim-Reaper

Top again

7. Grim-Reaper

Re: 1975 Jimmy Trail rig in Atlanta going to the junk yard

It hurts but it has to go so if someobdy doesn't speak up soon I'll be forced to part. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Look at that list up there what is on this truck......it's a bargin and you can't begin to build one that cheap.
    I figure I can get about $5k for the parts. Well I'll keep the tires and wheels for my next project so that a few hundered it will save me there.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you part it let me know a price on the CTM's and Warn axles.

9. Grim-Reaper

They are probably one of the last things I will sell. My next project vehcile might end up on a seto of 3/4 ton axles so I can run hummer rims. Still up in the air.

10. Grim-Reaper

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Grim, make me a deal on the soft-top. The bikini got cold last winter.

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

wish was a way i could get my hands ont he tub, its a 85 with full top and so what if its got soem dents in it it looks clean otherwise,
    thats hard to find shape,. sad RIP for the 75,,

good luck

13. Grim-Reaper

Need it gone and I don't have the time or patience or room to deal with parting.

14. Grim-Reaper

Any offers? Willing to swap parts around to get the price where somebody needs. I wouldn't mind keeping the 35's and rims. That could get a big chunk off the price right there.

15. Grim-Reaper

top top top

16. Grim-Reaper

back on the top.

17. Grim-Reaper

I hate the inability to simply go top because it says "already exists"

18. Grim-Reaper

top some more

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

This sucks Eric...

On one hand I know this is a good deal for someone, a very capable and well built truck! OTOH I'd love to see you keep it and take it to the next level. &lt;sigh&gt;

Have you considered selling the soft top seperatly? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Sending it back to the top for ya anyways.

Rene

20. Grim-Reaper

Well it's come down to I don't have time to enjoy it. I have to make time to drive it every couple weeks. I haven't really done any wheeling in a couple years because the closest trail is 2.5 hours away since the closing of 2 of the close trails. So a day ride is pretty well none existant anymore. The distances are far enough that trailering is desired so I can get it home if I break it. The K5 with all the gear weighs as much as the Sub I would need to pull it with BEFORE we add in the weight of a trailer. By thge time I get it on a trailer I'm looking at 8500lb atleast. That's max for the burb and more then I want.

So I'm building a 4Runner that I can DD. Keeping it 33-35s. I will end up about 5600lb total. it will get 20-22mpg and the burb will get 10.5 towing it with the A/C on. Dollar get's 9.5 no A/C.

If I am going to keep wheeling thats the only way. It has to do DD duties and be light enough to move. I'm trying to get two echoomical rides and park the burb except for towing the camper or the truck.

So it's down to parting soon if nobody can see the deal and come up with the cash. I really don't want to part it, Don't have the time and really don't nead the mess that creates but I need to get the cash moving so I can start building this 4Runner. Parting it gives me the wheels and tires I need so that's a plus. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Unfortunatly that top is the first thing everybody askes about. I have a list of who asked first and to be fair I'm sticking by it.