Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1975 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ks3286, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ks3286

ks3286 Newbie

I am looking at a 1975 K5. I'm not sure what this vehicle is worth so I'm asking for help from the only source I know, YOU!
    Now, about the vehicle it's a 1975 K5 Blazer no engine, no transmission, new transfer case front and rear axels have been replaced with heavy duty units not sure which, suspension completely rebuilt and lifted. needs new top and interior is pretty well shot. The body is straight and in good shape minimal surface rust, it has been in storage for the last 15 to 20 years. I am looking for an idea of what this vehicle would be worth before I make an offer

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You real need to get us some more details. Saying "heavy duty" means nothing. Pics would help, too. From what you said so far I'd pay $100, tops.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

agreed. i bought my k5 for $500 w/ a decent body, good running motor, tranny and tcase. I tore the truck apart to rebuild it just a few days later (which i'm still in the process of doing). The only issues in this vehicle were that it had no gears in the rearend and a terrible interior. Everything was stock, however. just my .02

colbystephens.

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I paid $500 for my 75 with a blown engine. A kid bought it from the PO (who was a auto tech) and proceeded to grenade the engine in 2 short weeks. Still owed money on it and couldn't fix it. So I bought him out of it.

Even with the blown engine, it had 465/205 combo stock, decent interior (needed a major cleaning) and the body was OK. Mine has rust, but only in the typical rocker and wheel well locations. All floors and Rocker boxes underneath are good.

I'd really check it out for rust (floors/underneath, not just the painted parts). Factor in any rust repair plus the cost of installing an engine/trans, plus the interior and subtract that from your price.

I wouldn't go over $500, maybe less depending on the rust issue.

5. ks3286

ks3286 Newbie

I do have a couple of pictures they are not the best, however they do give a better idea of the condition of the vehicle. They are not on a webpage so I can't link to them, I can email them

6. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

What are they asking for it?

I went and looked at a 73-75ish blazer that was $500. It had a 350-465/205 with stock axles and lift, but the body was pretty rough.

Depending on condition, I wouldn't give more than a few hundred for it. Especially w/out a motor or tranny :o

email me the pica and I'll post them for ya
    Blazin4fun72@yahoo.com

7. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

i paid like 600 buck for a 75 with no motor, trans, or transfer case. and i had a 4 in lift on 33" tires. Has some rust on the passenger side rear quarter and some on the passenger side floor pan. no too bad though. Just to give you an idea.

8. Veefour

Veefour Registered Member

I paid $600 for an 85 with a running 305, working 4 wheel drive, not much interior but functional, no air, decent heat, custom roof rack with spare tire and 4 lights, and a CD player to boot.