Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1976 Blazer can't shift to HI-Loc

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rodriscoll, Feb 7, 2003.

1. rodriscoll

rodriscoll Registered Member

1976 Blazer can\'t shift to HI-Loc

I just bought a 1976 Blazer with 70k original miles It has the np203 transfer case. The 4 wheel drive seems to work fine exept it won't go into Hi-Loc it goes into the rest of the positions except that one. From reading other postings it seems you don't use it on the road anyway but I would like it to work just in case I like find myself in the mud somewhere could happen.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: 1976 Blazer can\'t shift to HI-Loc

Personally around here I use 4W Hi more than Lo. In snowing conditions it gives me a great bit of control and if I am just romping through a mud pit I use it so that I have good wheel speed to just power through a quick jaunt. I don't use 4W Lo mainly becuase my truck tops out at 40MPH in 4W Lo and I like to go slightly faster than that. Thats pulling pretty high RPMs too.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: 1976 Blazer can\'t shift to HI-Loc

If it will go into low lock then the problem is in the shifter not the transfer case. The LOC works or it wouldn't have gone into LOW Lock. so that elliminates the problem being internal to the transfer case. Probably the shifter packed full of mud.