Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1976 blazer Leaf spring bushing help.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Mar 6, 2007.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

My turck is a 1976 k5 blazer.

1. I went to summit today to purchase some leaf spring bushings, I thought it would be a pretty simple purchse but then the counter guy asked me if my leaf spring were stock or after market, I didnt have a answer. I bought my truck with a suspention lift already installed on it. How do I figure out if my springs are stock or not?

2. I would like to buy Energy, what color do you suggest I get? I was thinking black so they wont show as much wear as say red, right?

3. I see an option on summits website to buy sleeves for leaf springs. Should I think about buying and installing these as well if im already going to be replacing the bushings?

4. If I do have stock leaf springs, can you guys give me the correct Energy part # for the leaf spring bushings ill need. I want to do all four leaf springs.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't have the part number here but the rear you have is the stock spring, the front is an aftermarket, but it doesn't matter they are all the same bushings.

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

The guy sounded pretty confident that it mattered between stock and after market. I went with your knowledge though.

(Bought from summit, click the links)

I got front model # ENS-3-2105G

and rear model # ENS-3-2106G

I should be good to go then right?

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am positive they should work.
    If for any chance the fronts don't, send them to me, they are the same as mine.
    :D
    The rear you have is stock so for sure they should work.
    If the rear still have the original bushings, it will be hard to remove unless you have a press like i do :D but you can still get it done, you could burn them like some do but I don't like that because it could change the metalurgy of thew steel, you could drill many holes all around and get the main piece out then wok on the rest.
    the press makes it a 1 minute job. :bow:

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Some aftermarket springs use non standard bushings. Superlift for example uses a bushing that is not a stock size. It has to do with the width of the spring and also the spring eye diameter. If you can get a measurement of both then anyone with enough knowledge at a parts counter should be able to supply you with the correct bushings.

I would get black bushings just because they don't stand out like other colors do.

6. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

the front leaf spring bushings ENS-3-2105G did not fit. I had to exchange them for ENS-3-2112G . The new ones have a longer sleeve and the rim on the bushing is thicker so it will fit in betwwn the leaf spring mount snuggly.

Im not sure if you can figure out what front leaf springs I have from the numbers I got off them today but here is what I found. Hope it makes some sense to someone. Id like to know what leaf springs these are from.

(I couldnt read this that well but I think this is what it read)

90 02

RR 2818 RN

7. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

My leaf spring U bolts are stipped. How should I go about finding new ones? Should I take the old ones into summit racing and see if they can match them up?

Also, anyone know what torque the nuts on the leaf spring should be set at? This would be the 4 nuts in the middle of the spring as well as the 2 on each end of the spring.

8. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Answered my own questions.

Here are some progress pictures.

I didnt get to take a before picture of the side I did but I took a picture of the side I havent done yet.

Can you guys tell a difference? I had a friend come over and sorta looked at it like "umm what am I suppost to be looking at" Im like, MAAN!! I replaced all the leaf spring bushings, wire brushed and painted the leaf spring/leaf spring U bolts, put on a chrome plated front diff cover installed a new Rancho shock, replaced the rubber "stop" and all I get is that? sheesh, well atleast I can tell a big difference :D ..

My camera isnt that great (phone camera) but I tried to get some decent pictures. I still have the rear passenger side/front driver side/rear driver side to do but "inch by inch its a sinch" right?

BEFORE>>>

[​IMG]

IN THE WORKS>>>>

[​IMG]

AFTER>>>>

[​IMG]