Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1976 blazer- New door/hinge pins/ bushings????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Dec 9, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I got some new doors the other day, I took my old door off and inpected the hinge, the bushings seems to be pretty wore out and before I put the new door on Id like to get new bushings..

The problem is, ive never seen hinges like these before, how do I get the pin out? it seems to be locked in there pretty good.

What all should I replace on my hinges and by any chance would anyone have the part numbers to make it a little easyier to track them down at the auto stores?

Id like to hear any tips on uninstalling/installing if possible

Thanks guys

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You have to pound the shafts out, no bushings as far as i know. Just a pin or shaft whatever you wanna call it.

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

so there isnt a bushing that sits in between the hinge hole and the shaft/pin/rod??? I sear I see some type of bushing in there to keep the pin from wobbling or to keep it secure/tight..

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The hinges have bronze bushings in there (that always seem to wear out). Most "Help" sections at parts stores carry stock and IIRC there are a few different sizes.

Rene

5. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I just pulled out the pins, the bushings look to be nylon, do I replace them with nylon or what? or will bronze work?

Do I just take my pins and bushings to the auto store and match up what they have? or do I need to use a certain type?

6. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

Autozone has the pins and bushings in the help section. Ask them to look up what set works for your truck.

7. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Yea just went down to auto zone, they had the pins and bushings but for $5 each for just 1 pin and 4 bushings. Im gonna hit ac delco tomorrow and see what they have. I hate auto zone, all tweakers where im at.... Ac delco has great prices and always has what I want.. :D