Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1976 chevy with drive flanges???? never seen them before..please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Mar 26, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay, I finally got my friend brainwashed into getting a chevy, he wants a truck so he can hual his dirt bike. We went and looked at a 1976 today 3/4 ton auto with a rebuilt 350 4 bolt main, has 20K on the motor. It is a TH350 and a NP203. 14FF and a 44 front, although it has drive flanges..can hubs be put on it? The guy is also willing to take $1000 for it, it needs cancer repairs but looks okay on 75% on the rig. drivers side has 3 bad spots. Should he keep looking or walk on by?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

my dana 60 has drive flanges and yes you can put manual hubs on it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I thought of your axle when I seen it so I crawled under to see if it had been lucky enough to get a big dog 60! but nope just a 44. He's calling on the one in Milwaukie tomorrow so you might be getting a PM to go check her out. that one up there is only a half ton but I have already located some 3/4 ton stuff for it.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

cool keep me posted and ill go look at it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It is probably still full time, J. ALL Chevs with full time 203's looked that way from the factory.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

BlazinOR hit it. The truck is still full time. It has a set of slugs under the caps. pop the caps and the slug out and a standard D44 hub will fit. You need to convert the transfer case to part time before you install hubs.

7. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The early 3/4ton 44's had the external drive plates. They take a different locking hub. I believe the spindles are different than the later interal hub 3/4's (Not 100% sure), so that would have to be changed to switch to the newer hubs. Just leave the hubs locked in until you switch the t-case to part time. Otherwise, you will have to put the case in the Lock Position.

8. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

yep any warn dealer or even summit racing can set you up with hubs for it just tell them you need external mount not internal. just look under milemarker hubs in a summit ad they are listed there.