Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1976 K/5 BLAZER

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just figured out how to add a link so everyone can see my Blazer. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago. The pic's were taken the day I got it home. It's all original, and only 83,000 miles. It's got a 400 small block, turbo 400 trans, full-time 4 wheel drive, and 373 gears. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What does everyone think ??? This is what I'm starting with.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

well you gotta start somewhere, and you have a very decent platform...I thought I would be able to do everything in moderatoin when it came to modifying my Blazer...NOPE....I have dropped close to 100% of what I paid for it ($4900) in the 5 months that I have owned it /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif...

Chris

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Nice! What did you pay for it?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bought it from the original owner, only 83,000 miles on it. All factory original. I paid $1,500.00 and drove just under 500 miles to go get it.

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

pretty decent dude. you got lucky. just keep it that way. pretty cool 400/400. if any rust, better address it right away. id undercoat a.s.a.p. to. good luck.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've already talked to the auto-body instructer at WESTERN DAKOTA TECH about completely redoing the body. I really don't have the funds for a shop (need the funds for the rest of this prodject). This coming Sept. it's going in to have all the body work done. We're also going to repaint it factory original, except the top of the cab will be blue instead of white. Also going to recondition the fiberglass half-top back to the original white. Hopefully by Cheistmas it'll look like it just came off the show-room floor. I'm planning on a 6" supension lift, and 35" tires. I like the CENTERLINE AUTODRAG rims. I also want to put some NERFBARS on, a custom front bumper with winch and brush gaurd, and a swing out tire mount out back.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Plans are a 6" supension lift, 35" tires on CENTERLINE AUTODRAG rims, and a winch. That will get me through this summer. Come winter then the body get's redone and the motor get's built.

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

thats an awesome deal in my opinion...like the others said id address the rust as soon as possible...once you go 6" youre going to want to go higher, trust me i did...gotta love that 400/400 combo...

Later

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm on a limited budjet, so my build up is going to be slow. The first thing I'm planning on is replacing all the U-joints, and rebuilding the carb. I want to play with it this summer. I'll probley get some mud tires for now. It'll be this winter befor I have the funds for the large tires and lift kit. I also plan on a 14 bolt ff and Dana 60, with 4:88's and lockers.